The Wakefield Business Awards – Rules of Entry 2023
- The Wakefield Business Awards brought to you by We Are Wakefield are open to any sole trader, business, company or organisation trading within the Wakefield District (WF postcode and/or Business Rates payers to Wakefield Council) which fit the category as outlined in the category descriptions.
- Entries must be made using the online entry form and payment made on submission (payment is not required for the Not-For-Profit/Charity of the Year Award) . Entries will not be accepted by any other means.
- By submitting an entry the entrant confirms that they have read and agree with the Rules of Entry and understand these now apply.
- When entries are submitted on behalf of clients by agencies or other parties, client sign-off is assumed. If any issues arise concerning client sign-off once the entry has been submitted, no refund will be given.
- Please ensure that the information submitted is accurate and the correct companies are credited as appropriate. We Are Wakefield Ltd accepts no responsibility for any incorrectly submitted information.
- Entrants may upload logos, in jpg. jpeg. png. bmp, of the brand/client and entering agency only.
- Digital uploads may take a variety of formats, e.g., PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Jpeg file. Please ensure that uploaded logos and any supporting files follow the supporting material guidelines. Please note when uploading supporting material file names must not include any special characters, e.g., _ / ( ) & * “.
- Once submitted, entries are confirmed and non-refundable.
- If a nomination does not qualify for the category it has been submitted to or does not fit within these Rules of Entry, We Are Wakefield Ltd reserves the right to recategorise the listed entry fee or cancel the submission. If cancelled, the entrant will not be refunded the original entry fee.
- If a category receives less than three nominations, We Are Wakefield Ltd reserves the right to eliminate the category or, if relevant, relocate entries to a different but suitable category. If the category is eliminated and the entry cannot be suitably reallocated, entry fees that have been collected for that category only will be refunded.
11.We Are Wakefield Ltd takes conflicts of interest very seriously and will work to minimize occurrences of conflicts. We Are Wakefield Ltd selects a diverse body of judges who we feel are objective, respected and knowledgeable in their category. Judges will not be asked to assess entries with which they have a conflict of interest; such situations are closely monitored and policed accordingly. In addition, if a judge is nominated for a category in which they were scheduled to judge they will be removed from the judging panel.
- Any entry may be withdrawn for any reason on or before 28 July 2023, with written request to the organisers; however, the entry fee is non-refundable.
- Sponsors are not permitted to enter the category that they are sponsoring.
- All judges will sign a non-disclosure agreement prior to reviewing entries. The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding them.
- Winners will be announced at The Wakefield Business Awards brought to you by We Are Wakefield, taking place at Tileyard North on 9th November 2023.
- No changes will be accepted after 28 July 2023.
- We Are Wakefield Ltd may use the content of your entry submission for editorial coverage, business or marketing purposes as an example of best practice. We Are Wakefield Ltd will never use anything marked as “Confidential Information” as we fully respect the entrant’s commercial confidence.